Tickets are now available for this year’s Revolution festival, where we’ll be commemorating the inspiring and revolutionary events of 1968. Book your place now!
Revolution 2018 is a three-day festival of Marxist ideas, hosted by Socialist Appeal and the International Marxist Tendency, with talks and discussions on current events, history, philosophy, and economics.
This year’s event commemorates the revolutionary events of 1968 – a year that saw massive movements and protests by workers and students across the world: from the civil rights movement in the USA, to the dramatic events of May ’68 in France.
50 years on, with the status quo collapsing all around us, these movements provide important and inspiring lessons for activists looking to organise, fight, and transform the world today.
Buy your ticket now for this exciting Marxist festival and join the revolution!
REVOLUTION FESTIVAL 2018
Student Central, Malet Street
- Rosa Luxemburg and the 1918 German Revolution
- The French Revolution of May 68
- Martin Luther King and the black struggle
- The Suffragettes and the fight for equality: a century of struggle
- The Vietnam War
- How do we fight the far right?
- Artificial intelligence and nature of consciousness
- The first 100 days in power: what should Corbyn do?
- From barter to Bitcoin: what is money?
- From abortion rights to feminist strikes: the fight for women’s emancipation today
- Trade wars – what are they good for?
- The 2008 crash to now – a decade of crisis
- Dialectics: from Hegel to Marx
- The crisis of liberalism
- How did capitalism come into being?
- The English Civil War
- James Connolly and the struggle for Irish independence
- Alan Woods – author of Reason in Revolt
- Rob Sewell – author of Germany: from Revolution to Counter-Revolution
- Marie Frederiksen – author of Reclaiming Rosa Luxembourg: a true revolutionary
- Fred Weston – editor of In Defence of Marxism
- Adam Booth – author of Understanding Marx’s Capital
- Daniel Morley – regular writer for www.socialist.net
- Natasha Sorrell – NEU activist
Full programme and timings TBC.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to book your place.
Please note: accommodation is available on a first come, first served basis. This will be provided in hostels and on spare beds, sofas, and extra mattresses, on the basis of needs. If you require accommodation, please add an accommodation ticket (or two) to your order, available for £5 per ticket (one ticket = one night of accommodation).
If you have space available to accommodate other attendees, please contact email@example.com.
We also ask that all those attending from London add an additional £10 donation to their order. This is to help subsidise the extra costs involved for those travelling from further afield.