Tickets are now available for Revolution Festival 2020, a three-day online festival of Marxist ideas. With a wide range of incredible discussions and excellent speakers, this is set to be a fantastic event. Buy your ticket today!
Revolution 2020 is a three-day festival of Marxist ideas, hosted online and across Britain on 23-25 October, with talks and discussions on current events, history, philosophy, and economics.
The theme of this year’s event is A World on Fire. From the global COVID-19 pandemic, to the climate catastrophe, to the mass movements against racism and oppression: it is clear that the system is broken. The old world is dying; and a new society is struggling to be born.
With capitalism in its deepest ever crisis, and with the status quo collapsing all around us, we will be discussing the revolutionary ideas needed for activists looking to organise, fight, and transform the world today.
Buy your ticket now for this exciting and inspiring festival – and join the revolution!
Talks and Speakers
- A world of fire: Perspectives for revolution
- The Chartist Revolution
- The revolutionary ideas of Friedrich Engels
- Against academic ‘Marxism’
- How to fight racism – and how not to
- Who are the essential workers?
- The 1929 Wall Street Crash and the Great Depression
- The plunder of Africa: Colonialism – Then and now
- The Black Death: The pandemic that changed the world
… and many more
- Alan Woods – author of Bolshevism: the road to revolution
- Rob Sewell – editor of Socialist Appeal
- Fred Weston – editor of In Defence of Marxism
- Fiona Lali – national organiser of the Marxist Student Federation
- Hamid Alizadeh – editor for www.marxist.com
- Natasha Sorrell – NEU activist
- Adam Booth – author of Understanding Marx’s Capital
- Daniel Morley – writer for www.socialist.net
Full programme and timings TBC.
Logistics and locations
Revolution 2020 will take place online and in live watch parties across Britain between 23-25 October.
The festival will begin with a rally on Friday evening. On Saturday and Sunday there will be three timeslots, each with three parallel sessions. Saturday evening will end with a plenary session. And the festival will finish on Sunday with a closing rally.
By buying a ticket, you will be able to access all of the festival’s talks and discussions online, through this website, with the opportunity to participate, ask questions, and make contributions.
Alternatively, dependent on the latest COVID-19 restrictions, there will be live watch parties organised in cities across the country. These are being organised by local Socialist Appeal activists, and will be socially distanced, with all the necessary health and safety measures in place.
Buying a ticket will also entitle you to attend any of these live events. At these, festival attendees will also be able to contribute in the discussion and ask questions. And they will provide an excellent opportunity to meet other Marxist activists in the area.
See the map below for a full list of local events, including venue details. This will be updated regularly to take into account all the latest information and regulations.