Capitalism is on the brink. An entire generation has known only crisis, austerity, and climate catastrophe. Everywhere we look there is war, poverty, and exploitation. And yet the rich continue to see their wealth grow enormously.
People are correctly beginning to draw the conclusion that the root of the problem is capitalism itself. A third of young people in Britain now believe that ‘communism is the ideal system’.
But we need more than an ‘ideal’. We need a revolution. And the only force capable of transforming society is the working class, when organised and mobilised.
The working class is now on the move, in Britain and across the world. But for it to be victorious, a fighting revolutionary leadership is required.
Revolution Festival, hosted by the International Marxist Tendency in Britain, is a three-day school of communist ideas, held from 10-12 November in central London – put on for the sole purpose of training and educating the revolutionary leadership needed for the struggle ahead.
View this post on Instagram
As always, this year’s festival includes discussions on a range of pertinent questions, vital for all activists seeking to understand the world today, in order to change it. Highlights include:
- Why we are communists
- Was Mao really communist?
- Capitalism and AI
- Race and class: Do we need a ‘Black Marxism’?
- The Soviet economy: How it worked, and how it didn’t
- The sham of bourgeois democracy
- The Palestinian struggle: Intifada until victory!
- Class struggles in the Roman Republic
- History of the British Communist Party
- The limits of direct action
- Marxism vs postcolonialism
- Art and the Russian Revolution
And much much more!
Most importantly, grab your ticket today – either on the festival website, or below – and join hundreds of communists from around the world in preparing for revolution.